National Events and Initiatives
- National SISTAs Day– This day of recognition takes place every year on the last Friday in May during Better Hearing and Speech Month. On this day, members show their pride in being a SISTA!
- Annual SISTAhood Retreat-This annual event is an opportunity for SISTAs to fellowship, network, bond, share and getaway! A perfect combination of learning and fun! The first event was held in July 2016.
- My SISTAs Keeper Scholarship(s)– These scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance to graduate students. This scholarship is funded through membership dues and fundraising efforts.(501c3 status is pending).
- Annual ASHA MeetUp! –SISTAs can look forward to a night on the town or lunch with their SISTAs attending the ASHA Convention.
- SISTAsLive! -Annual symposium featuring popular topics trending in the field presented by SISTAs. To be held yearly during the weekend prior to the Dr. Martin Luther King holiday.
- SISTAs Day of Service– This annual day will allow SISTAs to give back to their local communities with a service project. Examples include, providing FREE hearing screenings, donating school supplies, uniforms, reading at a children’s shelter or hosting a career day.